COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response Updates
FAQs and Minutes to be posted for public access on Monday, September 28, 2020.
14271 Story Road,
& Latino College Preparatory Academy (LCPA) Students:
Academic and School Resource Assistance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can students go for technology, including Chromebooks, chargers, and hotspots?
For technology accommodations during remote learning, please contact your school site as soon as possible at the following phone numbers:
- Roberto Cruz Leadership Academy (408) 471-4680
- Parent Coordinator: Patricia Lopez ext. 4010
- Luis Valdez Leadership Academy (408) 384-4015
- Parent Coordinator: Maricela Alvarez ext. 3004
- Latino College Preparatory Academy (408) 729-2281
- Parent Coordinator: Berenice Rubio ext. 2104
Where can students receive access to their lunchtime meals during the suspension of campus school site operations?
Students can still come on campus Monday through Friday from Noon to 1:00 p.m. to pick-up their meals as provided by Better Meals 4 You.
Additionally, the following locations also provide lunchtime meals for students during all weekdays until otherwise communicated or updated:
Luis Valdez Leadership Academy (LVLA) Students:
Foothill Health Clinic at Yerba Buena High School
Roberto Cruz Leadership Academy (RCLA)
& Latino College Preparatory Academy (LCPA) Students:
Mount Pleasant Elementary School
August Boeger Middle School
Where can I register my student as an incoming freshman student?
Please submit an Application/Intent to Enroll Form at the following link: https://bit.ly/tfheadmissions.
For more information, please visit each school site Admissions Page:
Where can I register my student as a transfer student?
For more information, please contact the Director of Community Engagement and Recruitment Juan Manriquez at email@example.com or by phone at (669) 207-6976.
Other Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will Spring Break 2020 still be taking place during its currently scheduled week?
Yes, Spring Break took place for Roberto Cruz Leadership Academy, Luis Valdez Leadership Academy, and Latino College Preparatory Academy during the Week of April 13, 2020.
What is the school doing in response to a student’s secondary exposure to COVID-19?
The Foundation for Hispanic Education students and families were notified by the next business day. The organization has conducted a deep cleaning and sterilization of every classroom, common areas, and office space by Moreno’s & Associates.
What does secondary exposure mean?
The child was near someone who has been diagnosed to have COVID19. The child was NOT been diagnosed.
Was it a student from RCLA or LCPA?
Since students at both schools share common spaces we alerted both campuses as a precautionary measure.
What is the status of graduation, prom, and all year-end activities?
Updates on these activities are forthcoming based on additional direction from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department and County of Education.
What program can I apply through for rental and/or income replacement assistance?
The Santa Clara County Homelessness Prevention System has temporary financial assistance available to help low-income residents who have lost income and are unable to pay rent as a result of COVID-related impacts. APPLICATION HERE / ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
Where can I find additional resources for financial relief at this time?
For more resources and information, please continue to visit our COVID-19 Resources Page at the following web link: https://www.tfhe.org/apps/pages/COVID19Updates.
- April 15, 2020: TFHE Social Distancing Reminder (Spring Break)
- April 3, 2020: TFHE Remote Learning Update
- April 1, 2020: TFHE Second Harvest Food Bank (On April 6, 2020)
- March 27, 2020: TFHE Remote Learning Information (Starting April 6, 2020)
- March 25, 2020: TFHE School Closure Extension (Until May 1, 2020)
- March 23, 2020: TFHE Student Enrichment Resources Share
- March 18, 2020: TFHE Remote Communication Announcement
- March 16, 2020: TFHE Community Resource Page Announcement
- March 13, 2020: TFHE School Closure Announcement (March 16 - April 3, 2020)
Enrichment, Mental Health, and Health Resources for Students and Families
- TFHE Student Enrichment: Resources to Help Students at Home
- Silicon Valley Education Foundation: At Home Learning Resources
- San Jose Public Library: Local School Resources
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources: Alum Rock Counseling Center
- COVID-19 Mental Health Support: Parent-Student Guidance Sheet (ACSA)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Santa Clara County Mitigation
Food Service, Rent Relief, and Local Community Resources
- TFHE Resource Page: Information on Food Assistance, Internet Service
- Sacred Heart Community Services: Financial Assistance for Low-Income Residents
- Second Harvest Food Bank: Get Nutritional Groceries and Meals
- Silicon Valley Strong: Rent and Mortgage Relief (30-Day Eviction Moratorium)
- Law Foundation of Silicon Valley: FAQs English | Spanish
- Santa Clara University School of Law: Immigration Law Information
- Comcast Xfinity: Internet Essentials for Eligible Households
- Medi-Cal Eligibility/Covered California: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) Updates
- March 25, 2020: Bay Area School Closure Extension (Until May 1, 2020)
- March 23, 2020: FAQs for Santa Clara County Districts and Schools
- March 20, 2020: Announcement and Launch of SCCOE Resource Page
- March 17, 2020: County of Santa Clara Emergency Operations Center Shelter in Place
- March 13, 2020: SCCOE School Closure Announcement (March 16 - April 3, 2020)
Your very generous donation will be used in support of our 1,050 students to ensure the high quality of instruction is delivered in this unprecedented shift for our community and staff.