Induction/Intern Support & Instructional Support
Instructional Coaching is a support and professional development opportunity for Teachers provided by our Teaching and Learning team. We support instructional staff so they can be the best they aim to be.
Instructional Coaching Mission
The mission of Instructional Coaching is to increase growth and learning for faculty and students in a collegial environment built upon trust and collaboration. We achieve this by:
- Building sustainable relationships with colleagues
- Supporting teacher practice for the purpose of increasing student engagement, learning, and achievement
- Engaging in continued professional learning
- Embodying and modeling a growth mindset
- Building teacher capacity through the implementation of effective instructional practices
- Aligning our efforts to our Vision, school site Mission, initiatives, and goals
Mrs. Sánchez is an educator that has been a member of the TFHE familia for 22 years. As a product of public education on the East Side of San Jose, she knew at an early age she wanted to make a difference in the lives of children. Greatly influenced and supported by her family, she earned a Bachelor's degree and a Teaching Credential from the National Hispanic University as well as a Master's degree in Leadership from Santa Clara University. Currently, Mrs. Sánchez is enrolled in the Social Justice Doctoral Program at Santa Clara University.
As a proud bilingual Mexican-American, she feels honored and privileged to work at an institution that serves students with similar backgrounds as herself. She is a firm believer in tough love followed by much-needed support and motivation. As a result of her past AP Spanish courses, her students have learned to become active members of society by researching social justice topics and by being involved in the community.
Mrs. Sánchez decided to transition into an instructional coach position after much thought and consideration with the goal of having a bigger impact across all of the TFHE schools. As an instructional coach, she will support teachers' development and practice by providing opportunities for learning, reflection, and growth in order to provide the best possible learning environment for students.
Instructional Coaches' Vision
Coaches support a system that will:
- Serve as collaborative partners to aid in the planning, implementation, and delivery of curriculum across subjects,
- Refine and grow instructional practices that support our diverse group of learners(SPED, ELL, Advanced, Struggling) to foster student growth and develop a more inclusive, safe, and culturally relevant classroom,
- Provide opportunities for teacher growth and reflection through observation data, learning opportunities, modeling, and collaboration,
- Empower teachers to be risk-takers and grow their practice to increase teacher and student outcomes,
- Provide 1 on 1 professional development curated for teachers,
- Foster and maintain a confidential and safe environment.